Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Like Life! Life Likes Me!

My dearest friend, Sarah, wrote a post that reminded me of a little incident a few weeks back with my firstborn sweetie. One of our favorite holiday movies is the 1970's classic, Scrooge. This is seriously a great film. Anyway, one of the many songs that we love from this movie goes something like "I Like Life! Life Likes Me! I think life is a perpetual spree!" and so on and so forth. Well, I got up one morning and was kind of moping around in my robe trying to get a move on for the day and I go into little Brook's room and she's sitting on her little bed playing with her dollies singing "I like life! Life likes me!" in her innocent sweet little voice and it really touched me. Because I get overwhelmed with the pressures of daily life and wishing we were somewhere else financially or physically or emotionally, but when it really comes down to it, I really just do like life!

1 comment:

Sare said...

Awe...I like that you like life!!!! I love all of you guys so much!!! MISSING YOU LIKE CRAZY RIGHT NOW!!!!!