Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Family Night

Tonight Ben came home to a surprise....
No dinner on to cook and a frazzled wife. Okay, it probably wasn't really a surprise. Anyway, being the fantastic man that he is- he let me finish my psychotic cleaning frenzy and got to work on dinner. I came down from vacuuming the upstairs to find a dinner on the patio! It was such a nice evening and Ben made a WONDERFUL dinner! We all thought so :)
Our FHE lesson was on Enos praying. We watched the Book of Mormon Story Video of Enos and then talked about the proper steps of a prayer and then made prayer rocks!
Ben's: Bronco Style painted by Brook, Brook's: Made by Aunt Emma in Yosemite, Ellie's: Tie Dye Style- she painted it herself!, Dena's: Matches her bedroom decor... of course :)

I get all my FHE ideas from this woman here- who I love for all she's done! She also posted this really cute anonymous poem about prayer rocks:

I'm your little prayer rock
And this is what I'll do
Just put me on your pillow
To stay till day is through
At night turn back the covers
And climb in to your bed
And Whack! Your little rock
Will hit you on the head
Then you will remember
To kneel and say your prayers
As you are supposed to do
When your prayers are finished
Just drop me on the floor
I'll stay all through the night
to give you help once more.
When you get up the next morning
Ouch! I'll stub your toe,
So you will remember your
morning prayers before you go.
Put me back upon your pillow
When your bed is made
And your little prayer rock
will continue in your aid
Because your Heavenly Father
cares and loves you so,
HE wants you to remember
To talk to HIM you know

Our determination to pray has been renewed!

No comments: