Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 5- Tutu Tshirt & Onesie

So I intended to start with one tshirt and one onesie and end up with one tshirt and one onesie.... but after surveying my materials, I started with one tshirt and one onesie and ended with two tshirts! I had a onesie for Brook- size 2T and now that she is potty trained... that isn't really going to work out. So I decided to turn it into a tshirt and make a Halloween tutu tshirt for Ellie, since the tulle I had was black and I thought it would be adorable!
So I started with this:

I got the tulle on clearance at Hancock Fabrics- 40 cents for 15 yards! Both shirts and the pants were 25 cents from various yard/quarter sales. Ribbon was on hand from Hobby Lobby.

And ended with this for Brook:

(of course we had to get a bum shot!)
And this for Ellie:
I decided not to connect the tutu in the back so that it would be looser since I didn't know exactly what size Brook is and what size Ellie would be when she wears this at Halloween. So I just added a little ribbon to each side to hide the gap!

1 comment:

Sare said...

OH! I love them!!!! HEHEHEH