Monday, March 8, 2010

Day Eight- Living Room Curtains

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. This project went south. Considering the evolution of this window's treatments, I think it's the best so far, just not what I had in mind.
.
First Treatment:
Second Treatment:
Third Treatment:
The problem with this one was that when the blinds were up, the bottoms of them hung out underneath the valance, so I needed it to be a little bit longer. I thought I would just add a piece of trim from some sheer curtains I already had (see treatment #2).
.
Current Treatment:
I don't know... it just doesn't look right. Not great. Hmmm.. guess it'll just have to work until I can figure something else out. And the longer I look at these photos, the more I think the middle is up higher than the sides....

(Don't mind the horrible quality of these photos and my messy house!)

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I like it, but if you ever had a dark brown piece of fabric lying around I think that'd look good. Or you could add some trim between the white and the color. Good girl for getting it done!!